Call (817) 500-0355
Are there benefits to keeping my trees healthy?
Absolutely yes! Your trees enhance your outdoor residence and grace your landscape. Beautiful, healthy trees provide you with peaceful shaded outdoor areas for relaxation, they cool your home, lower your electric bill and dramatically increase your property value. The high costs of removing severely diseased or dead trees is never a welcomed expense. Maintaining the health of your living investments is of key importance and the intelligent way to protect your assets.
WHAT ARE SIGNS OF A HEALTHY TREE?
Healthy trees manifest many positive signs when they are robust and strong.
Some signs of a healthy tree include:
- New Growth: A healthy tree will exhibit an obvious new branch and foliage growth annually.
- Flexible Branches: Healthy branches are flexible and do not snap when bent.
- Thick foliage: Lush foliage with no bare spaces is present in healthy trees.
- Undamaged Leaves: A healthy tree will have leaves free of abnormal spots, discoloration, and any blemishes.
- Appropriate Color: Trees should exhibit the appropriate color for their variety and the time of year.
- Strong Bark: Bark should be solid and strong and not brittle and peeling.
What Can I Do To Protect The Health Of My Trees?
An experienced tree company has many treatments available to ensure your trees remain healthy. They are able to customize a continual health care maintenance program designed specifically for your outdoor residential grounds. The following treatments and preventative measures are some of the excellent ways that tree care specialists and ISA certified arborists are able to advise you on, direct and administer:
- Tree Health Assessment: The ISA certified arborist thoroughly examines the tree to determine if it is weak and vulnerable to disease, then establishes the specific nutrients the tree needs to remain healthy and strong.
- Deep Root Fertilization: We highly recommend this important treatment. The tree expert injects under pressure the specific liquid minerals and nutrients the tree requires directly into its root zone and under grassroots. Soil aeration occurs from the injected oxygen and the problems soil compaction can cause are eliminated. Trees that receive this treatment annually are 95% more disease-resistant and maintain a healthy root structure.
- Protect Your Tree From Stress: Healthy trees have a natural resistance to disease; however, healthy trees can become weakened by stressful conditions such as severe weather. Hail, thunderstorms and extreme temperature changes inflict stress upon a tree. A tree expert will provide the means and expertise to counter damaging weather and guard your tree’s health.
- Tree Growth Regulators: Often, mature and tall trees do not have a root system substantial enough to support their size. Tree growth regulators increase root density, the tree’s resistance to disease and to stress caused by drought conditions.
- Prevent Wounds: Disease and insect pests tend to target wounded trees. If you observe splitting areas amongst your tree branches or damaged areas on your trees it is imperative to contact an experienced tree company promptly.
- Root Pruning: Trees growing in small areas may develop curled roots due to their cramped conditions. Curled roots can eventually girdle the tree’s trunk, stunt the tree’s growth and even cause the tree’s death. In addition to the harm curled roots can inflict upon the tree, they can damage your home’s foundation if the tree is in close vicinity. Root pruning prevents girdled roots from occurring and protects the tree’s health.